VST Effect: Auto-Filter v2


"Auto-Filter v2" is a pretty versatile effects plug in. It is pretty much all you could ask for in a filter is a compact package.

Features:
-6 filter options: Band pass, low pass, high pass, notch, peak A, peak B
-Attack, Threshold, Range, Res, and Out Sliders

Sound:
In the video demo below, I used the filter on a drum track. I was able to create some pretty interesting sounds, ranging from the "sub-woofer down the street" kind of feel, to a high pass telephone type sound. There are wide range of options with the different filter settings. As far as I know, it doesn't have an "Auto-wah" feature. As you'll notice in the video, you can sort of accomplish this by moving the slider up and down. This plug-in works great for piano, synth, bass, and other sounds as well.

Ease of Use:
Using this plug-in is very simple. Although I may be embarrassing myself, I still haven't figured out what the "Range," and "Res" sliders do. I assume "Res" is an abbreviation of resonance, but I haven't got a hold on what exactly it does in the context of this plug-in. Other than that, the controls and interface are very easy to understand.

Overall:
If you're looking for a filter that gets the job done, this one works just fine. If you are looking for an "Auto-wah" effect, you may be looking in the wrong place. It's definitely worth checking out though!

Watch my demo of "Auto-Filter v2" (WATCH IN HD!)



0 comments:

Post a Comment