VST Instrument: LazySnake

Andreas Ersson's "LazySnake" is a fairly versatile virtual electric piano. It was lots of fun to jam with, and it can produce some very interesting and useful sound.

Features:
-Coarse and fine tuning controls
-up to 16 voices

-Fork section (control over harmonics and fundamental pitch)
-Amp section (overdrive and hardness)
-built in wah effect and tremolo
-the skin is adjustable (if that really matters to you)

Sound:
This is a very good instrument. Though many of the presets are uninspiring, some tweaking will lead you to some decently realistic sounds. I was particularly impressed with the "Ebass" preset. It sounds quite similar to an electric bass (you can hear it in the demo below). I spent about a half hour trying to find a funkier sounding EP, but I couldn't quite nail it. I guess that's something I need to work on. I appreciated the "Fork" section. Controlling the harmonics (with this much ease) is not something I've found in many plug-ins. The Wah and Tremolo are pretty standard, but still allow you to really customize your sound.

Ease of Use:
It's not incredibly easy to use, but I wouldn't say it's difficult to use. Pulling up a preset to get started is simple. It does, however, take some time to understand the functions of all the nobs. It's consistent with a lot of other plug-ins, so the experienced programmer will have no issues.

Overall:
If you don't already have a source for EP's, definitely check it out (hey, nothing beats free!). If you're not the pickiest, this instrument will most likely do just what you need! Give it a shot!



Check out my demo (in HD!)


Download LazySnake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment